6. Summary and Suggestions


The purposes of this practicum are to know about the different curriculum, culture in southeast ASEAN. I had a great opportunity to learn about different things and this is something that we can't find it on the internet but you have to experience on your own.

The first week we have some orientation to know about Manila and the University of Santo Tomas. we went to the museum of Fort Santiago in Intramuros, we went to the national museum of the Philippines. we introduce to the big library in the University of Santo Tomas and supermarket also to the other place.

The second week, we do observation in the class. every participant of Pre-Service teacher has one mentor.

The third week, we do assistantship teaching. we have to create a lesson plan, worksheet. to supporting learning.

The fourth week, we do independent teaching, I have two class in grade 7. St. Anne and St. Agnes. but sometimes my mentor brings me to grade 8 to try to teach them.


I have got lots of knowledge, experiences, and techniques from this practicum. I observe and learn the behavior of students more closely, knowing the difference between students in class and know how to improve the behavior of personality for being a good teacher. My mentor taught me how to improve my lesson plan, teaching in class and classroom management. And I improved and developed my English skills for teaching and communication.

The biggest challenge that I had was creativity in teaching, time management and also I have to face the smart students. it makes me a little bit nervous. 

This program really wonderful, it gives us a chance to know the different world. different education. different culture. I am so grateful and lucky. to be a participant in this program. this program will be the one of great memory in my life.

I think all is perfect, but I think we need a chair in a corridor of class. because of that teachers have to wait for the other teachers in class and teacher not always stand.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

HELLO THERE !

5. Teaching Practice

1. School: General Information and Academic Administration